Sage 50 Premium Accounting (formerly Peachtree Premium Accounting) is a comprehensive accounting solution that provides essential features such as multi-company consolidations, advanced budgeting, and serialized inventory along with access to over 140 customizable reports and financial statements.
Apparently, even when your accounting software is complete, more can still be added. Then it becomes Premium. Some of the features that often motivate people to upgrade to Premium are: multi-company consolidations, serialized inventory items, support for terminal services.
In addition to the features in Sage 50 Pro, the Premium edition offers multiple users, more inventory features, and stronger job costing. The management centers for customer, vendors, & inventory make it faster and easier to find information without running reports.
- Modules Included: General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Bank Reconciliation, Inventory, Sales Order, Purchase Order, Payroll, and Job Cost. Sage 50 Intelligence Reporting is included with a Business Care subscription.
- Multi-User Sage 50 Premium can be licensed for up to 5 users
- Security To provide the control needed with multiple users, Sage 50 Premium lets you set access levels of None, View Only, Add, Edit, or Full, for each screen for each user. If you have more than one company, permissions are set independently in each company.
- Open Multiple Companies Keep as many companies open as you want. In all companies opened after the first company some features will be restricted, although most routine data entry and reporting functions are not affected.
- Customer Management Center is a customizable screen that gives you easy access to your customer data. There are 19 areas of information that you can show, hide, or rearrange to fit your needs. Examples include Aged Receivables, Contacts, Sales Orders, Invoices, Item Sales History, and Top Customers over the last 12 months.
- Proposals similar in concept to a quote. But after marking it as accepted, you have the option of invoicing the entire proposal, a percentage of the proposal, or a different percentage of each line of the proposal. You can continue to make invoices from the proposal until it has been fully billed.
- Broadcast Invoicing sends the same invoice to as many customers as you need. Perfect for sending bills for dues or service contracts when many or all customers pay the same amount.
- Stronger Job Costing Jobs can be divided into phases and phases can be broken down in to cost codes for more detailed job reporting.
- Change Order Processing Lets you print or email a document detailing the changes to a job’s estimate and showing the net change to the total estimate or contract amount and projected completion date. From the same data entry screen, you can record acceptance of the change order and apply the changes to the job’s estimated quantities, expenses, and revenues.
- Inventory & Services Management Center Quickly shows you status and transactions for a selected inventory item (stock or non-stock). It is customizable with 22 different modules including, Sales Invoices, Purchases, Inventory Adjustment, and Sales Backorders. It can also be set up to show build and unbuild transactions for assembly items, as well as the bill of materials. And for any item, you can see a list of assemblies that use it as a component.
- Serialized Inventory Expands the inventory capabilities to include inventory with serial numbers. Some programs call this specific unit inventory.
- 10 Price Levels increased from 5 in Sage 50 Pro.
- Pricing Formulas Formulas can be set up by price level for inventory items to streamline the process of recalculating prices. This allows you to recalculate prices for all or part of your inventory with just a few clicks; it does not mean that prices will automatically adjust any time your cost changes.
- Master and Sub-stock Items Automates the process of creating related inventory items with up to 2 attributes, such as a shirt that comes in different sizes and colors.
- Item History By Customer is a customizable list that will show sales of all items or a selected item. It can be sorted by any column in the list, including item, customer, or date. You can double click entries to view the original transaction. You can also print the list, email it, or send it to Excel.
- Select For Purchase Order lets you select all or a range of inventory items for Sage 50 to evaluate and generate purchase orders based on inventory levels.
- Vendor Part Numbers Adds an extra field to the Maintain Inventory Items screen so that you can track your vendor’s part number for each item. When printing inventory reports, purchase orders, quotes, sales orders, invoices, credit memos, receipts or payments, you have the option of printing the vendor part number in place of your item ID.
- Vendor Management Center is a customizable screen that gives you easy access to your vendor data. There are 14 modules that you can show, hide, or rearrange to fit your needs including Aged Payables, Item Purchase History, Payments, and Purchases/Inventory Received.
- Time Card Entry for Payroll Enter time cards in a weekly time sheet view.
- Time and Expense Tickets In addition to feeding payroll, time tickets can also be used to bill clients for time. Expense tickets make it easy to bill for miscellaneous items such as photocopies that might otherwise be forgotten.
- Expanded employee information Fields in the employee maintenance screen provide space for emergency contact information, EEO data, and more. There is also a function to track employee review history and next review date.
- Payroll raise history lets you track each employee’s raise history on the Maintain Employees screen.
- Multiple Budgets Pro allows you to enter a budget. But in Premium you can save multiple versions of your budget to so you can easily compare different scenarios when forecasting.
- Consolidations allows you to consolidate multiple companies in to a separate parent company for combined financial statement reporting.
- Departmental Financial Statements makes producing financial statements by departments easier. Sage 50 Pro can produce the same reports. But Premium gives you a method to enforce the proper account segments when creating GL accounts, and then adds an option to choose a department when printing financial statements. This shields the user from having to learn how to set up department masking in the financial statement designer and save separate report layouts for each department.
- Archive Company Gives you the option of making an un-editable copy of your company’s data. This is normally used after all year end entries are completed.
- Sage 50 Intelligence Reporting turns Excel into a custom report writer for Sage 50. You design report templates in Excel and use Sage 50 Intelligence to supply the raw Sage 50 data to feed your report. Several pre-built reports come with Sage 50 Intelligence Reporting including Sales Analysis, Purchases Analysis, Inventory Analysis, a Dashboard, and multiple balance sheet and income statement formats. Custom reports can be written from scratch or you can copy and modify any existing report. A single user license for Sage Business Intelligence is included with your Sage Business Care subscription.